Part-time positions for students
I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start. As we kick off the spring semester, many students are eager to find part-time employment (non-work study) positions on campus. Part-time, temporary employment on campus gives students who are not eligible for the work-study program the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and earn money for college expenses. In addition, these positions give students the flexibility to work around their busy class schedules.
Part-time, temporary employment may include positions such as interim support staff, research assistants, camp counselors, and event-specific staff. If you are looking to hire a student as a temporary employee, we would like to encourage you to use our Get Hired Portal to post all temporary, part-time employment opportunities. Using our Get Hired Portal not only makes the job search process easier for students, it provides equal opportunity for all qualified students to apply to a variety of on-campus opportunities. In addition, it provides you with a pool of applicants to interview to help ensure you hire the best candidate for the job.
Listed below are the steps for creating your Get Hired Portal log-in and the process for posting an opening.
- Complete the “Request for Temporary Employment” form to receive approval for posting the position. The form is available in My NU under Hiring and Compliance in the Human Resource section.
- Create your employer login for our Get Hired Portal.
- After creating your profile, add the new job under the “My Jobs” tab.
- Complete position information including a detailed job description for the position and how you would like candidates to apply.
- Complete the posting information. Please select “on campus non-work study” for the position type to ensure it shows up in the correct category when the students search.
- Only sections marked with an asterisk must be completed.
- Click “Save” once all information is completed.
If you need assistance, or have any questions, please contact Shannon Stott in career services at 716.286.8502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.