Afternoon of Service: SPCA donations will be accepted
Can your office spare a ream of copier paper? Some 3-tab file folders (manila or colored)? Do you have a roll of paper towels, or a jar of creamy peanut butter that you can bring over to the table in lower level Gallagher Center to donate to our local SPCA? Do you want to use your artistic ability and decorate an ‘egg’ that will supply popular entertainment for a shelter cat? We will have them available for you to ‘create!’ Join us at the SPCA table in lower level Gallagher Center on Friday, Sept. 25.
Listed below are other items that would be very appreciated – and any donation will help the local SPCA make their ‘clients’ as comfortable as possible, before their forever home can be found.
Any of these items would be greatly appreciated:
• gift cards to any grocery, pet supply, home improvement, office supply or auto part stores in any amount
• kitten chow
• dry or wet food for kittens, cats, puppies or dogs
• litter – non-clumping please
• peanut butter – creamy
• old blankets, used but still usable old dish towels, clean old newspapers
• gloves – latex free disposable in sizes medium, large and extra-large
• will accept opened dry cat and dog food if in original bag (if your pet doesn’t like the
food you bought them, they will find a pet who will love it!)
• meat-based baby food
• Kong toys for dogs – in sizes large and extra-large (black) – this is the only toy they
give to the dogs when unsupervised and in their ‘crate temporary homes’
• Greenies Pill Pockets
• Contractor 30 gallon garbage bags
• Soft dog treats
• Dog shampoo and waterless shampoo
• Bleach and Laundry Detergent
• Clorox disinfecting wipes
• Dish soap (regular and automatic)
• Hand dispenser soap (in a pump bottle)
• Kleenex or paper towels
• Lint rollers
• Zip-lock baggies (all sizes, especially gallon)
And while you’re there, stop by the Border Community SERVICE table and try your luck at the Plinko game to win a prize for your emergency preparedness kit and obtain information on how to be PET PREPARED in the event of a disaster.
The SPCA collection table is part of Niagara University’s Afternoon of Service during Vincentian Heritage week, taking place on Friday, Sept. 25, from 2 to 4 p.m. Look for additional “Afternoon of Service” volunteer opportunities in future issues of the Daily Post.