Annual Fire Drills
The New York State Fire Code requires that annual fire drills are conducted in all campus buildings. These drills will be conducted during the week of Sept. 11-15, 2023. It is our goal to conduct the drills with minimal disruption to the campus.
If you are hosting an event, exam, or other activity which would be disrupted by a fire drill, please contact Juan Lopez with the time, date, and location of the activity no later than Friday, Sept. 8. All efforts will be made to avoid conducting a drill during the event.
- Building evacuations will occur when a fire alarm sounds and/or upon verbal/electronic directives given by Campus Safety or the emergency coordinator.
- When the fire alarm is activated during an emergency, leave by the nearest marked exit, and alert others to do the same. Safely proceed to the designated assembly area.
- When the ability to evacuate the building is restricted, making your exit impossible, seek refuge in the nearest enclosed stairwell furthest from the incident.
- Once outside, remain at the assembly area site until emergency personnel are able to account for all building occupants. Additional directions may be provided while at the assembly area.
- Do not return to an evacuated building until the “all-clear” is given by emergency personnel.
Additional emergency response information related to building evacuation and other incidents can be accessed at: https://mynu.niagara.edu/mynu3/working-at-nu/human-resources/emergency-preparedness.php