CAM Art on Campus
Since its establishment on the Niagara University campus in 1990, the Castellani Art Museum (CAM) has shared its collection of artwork with the University and larger community.
The CAM operates under the best practices of the accrediting organizations AAM (American Alliance of Museums) and AAMD (Association of Art Museum Directors). Per their guidelines, the practice of loaning artwork to University offices is highly governed for the well-being of the art and museum functionality. Loans are considered for high-level offices (President, Provost, for example) due to guidelines on climate, light, and security.
In following best practices, we have started to bring works from the collection back to the CAM for conservation purposes, as most have been out on loan for a long time. If you have artwork in your office that you believe belongs to the CAM, please contact Registrar Mary Helen Miskuly at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 8294. This does not apply to artworks installed by CAM staff within the last three years (since 2020).
While the CAM staff’s availability is limited, we wish to assist you in the replacement of artwork with reproductions or other works. Replacement artwork is at the discretion and expense of your department. Some ideas for replacement artwork:
- Reproduce a work from the CAM collection. Visit https://castellaniartmuseum.org/collections/ to see our fine collection. If within our copyright license agreement with artists, it’s possible to create prints. The CAM can then order prints for you using our hi-res photos. Images on our website are not suitable for printing.
- Purchase art locally at the Niagara Arts and Cultural Center and local art fairs and festivals such as the Lewiston Arts Festival. This supports our local creative community.
- Find artwork online. Art.com and RedBubble have a great selection of prints that you can search by genre, artist, even color! They offer framing that’s very reasonable.
- Bring your own photos to life by having them printed online through websites like Zazzle.com, Signs.com, and Canvas.com.
- Walmart, Target, Dick Blick, and Hobby Lobby have a large selection of frames. You can purchase frames with mat board already included.
We thank you for your ongoing support and help with our collections care! Don’t hesitate to reach out to Mary Helen with questions and for help.