Campus Digital Signage: Policy and Procedures
The digital signs across campus are an excellent means of promoting news, events and activities to the university community by reaching staff, faculty and students alike. These billboard-style announcements must meet the following specifications:
- Wording: These billboard-style announcements should contain a minimum amount of wording. We recommend 10 words or less. Anything too lengthy will not be effective.
- Size: The EXACT digital sign size should be 26.667” width x 12.375” height. (Pixels – 1920 w x 891 h)
- All signs MUST include an NU logo, the university color – purple, and be saved at 72 dpi in .JPG format.
- Dates should be written abbreviated month, day and year. For example:
Sept. 20, 2012. There is NO “th” added to a date, abbreviate the month according to AP style, add the year. For example: Jan., Feb., Aug., Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec. There are NO abbreviations for March, April, May, June, or July.
- ALL hall locations should be spelled out. For example: Gallagher Center, Lower Level.
The Department of Enrollment Marketing, Advertising and Communications handles all digital signage across campus. Whereas, we would like as much lead time as possible, the minimum lead time required for all newly submitted signs is seven business days.
We have the capability to redesign or create the signs, insuring proper size and design, and would be happy to assist you. If you would like us to design the signs for you, please send all pictures and information to Sue Karaszewski
All completed signs containing all of the above specs should be sent to Colleen Daly for posting