Canvas Training for Faculty: Aug. 1, 3, 4, 5
Canvas Basics continues with Parts 2 during the second week of August. All training will be held in VINI 107. As Part 2 will also be hands-on, please bring a flash drive loaded with the following materials to the Canvas Basics Part 2 training session:
- A Word document
- A Rubric if you have one
- Some quiz questions:
- 1 multiple choice
- 1 true or false
- 1 fill in the blank
- 1 short answerGoing deeper into Pages, Assignments, Discussions, and QuizzesUsing RubricsCreating Assignment Groups and Weighted Grading
- What, why, and how you should hide items from students
- The Canvas Gradebook and SpeedGrader
- Adding useful apps to your Rich Content Editor and how to use the apps
- Canvas Basics Part 2 will cover:
Why you should use Canvas in your face-to-face classes
Canvas Basics Part 2
Monday, Aug. 8, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 10, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 11, 2 to 3:30 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 12, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
As seating is limited to 15 per session, please reserve you spot by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot make any of these times, you can always set up one-on-one Canvas training. Just e-mail email@example.com and we can schedule sessions that are convenient for you. For the full schedule, please visit http://www.niagara.edu/instructional-support-events/.