Forum on Disabilities
NU’s Student Government Association is hosting a forum on disabilities on Thursday, Nov. 2, at 5 p.m. in the Dining Commons extension.
The session will provide an opportunity for the campus community to learn, discuss, and express their thoughts about the university’s supports and plans to enhance disability services, including the accessibility services department, ADA compliance, and ongoing initiatives to address and enhance services and supports to students, staff, and visitors.
We want your input! The forum is intended to inform you of the activities and objectives to address universal accessibility and solicit your comments to achieve the goal.
- An introduction to Universal Accessibility and Universal Design for Learning
- Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance and the transition plan
- Services for students with disabilities
- Dr. Carolyn Shivers – Associate Professor of Psychology
- Kelly Engert – Coordinator of Accessibility Services
- David Whalen – Project Director Disability Awareness Training/ADA Coordinator