Healthy Monday Tip – Pet Edition
- Keep your pet at a healthy weight;
- Exercise your pet;
- Feed your pet a balanced, nutritious diet;
- Have your veterinarian examine your pet at least once a year to make sure your pet is healthy and to help detect problems earlier;
- Vaccinate your pet against potentially deadly diseases such as distemper, parvo, panleukopenia and rabies;
- Keep your pet free of parasites (fleas, ticks, heartworm, etc.) – consult your veterinarian for the best product for your pet;
- Spay/neuter your pet.
Niagara University is participating in Pet Sitters International’s “Take Your Dog To Work Day” on June 20 – electronically.
University students, alumni and employees are invited to tweet photos of their pets to @NiagaraUniv, using the #PurplePet hashtag. The pet that receives the most combined retweets and favorites will earn its owner a gift certificate to Blackwinds Pet Supplies in Niagara Falls.
On Wednesday, Niagara University will host a hot dog fundraiser to benefit Heart of Niagara Animal Rescue. Please stop by for lunch and talk to Heart of Niagara. This event will take place from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. outside Gallagher Center. The cost is $3 for hot dog, chips and drink. A prize raffle will be held as well, with all proceeds benefiting this organization.