New York State Fire Inspections
The New York State Fire Marshal will be on campus from Feb. 13 through Feb. 24.
In preparation for this inspection if you could please look around your areas for items that might need attention. If found, please submit a facility service request.
The following are some restricted Items you can help look for:
- Exit signs that are not lit
- Use of extension cords (only power strips can be used)
- Power strips plugged into power strips (power strips must be plugged directly into an outlet)
- Space heaters near combustible items
- Outlet cover plate or light switch plate loose or missing
- Any item within 18” of ceiling sprinkler
- A blocked or restricted hallway or door (means of egress)
- A blocked fire extinguisher
- A blocked electrical panel box
- A fire door that does not latch on its own (fire doors have labels on the hinge side)
- A fire door that is propped open
- A wet or missing ceiling tile
Remember that the Fire Marshal has the right to change these inspection dates at any time and will re-visit any area where a violation is found to confirm the issue has been addressed.
If you have any questions please call Facility Services at x8430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your assistance and cooperation during this inspection.