NYS Annual Fire Inspections 2018
The NYS annual fire inspections will start taking place on February 19, 2018. In preparation for this inspection, if you could take a look at your areas for items that might need attention and if found please promptly place a work order for their repair.
Such items the can easily be addressed include but not limited to the following:
- Exit sign not lit
- Use of a standard extension cord – we may only use surge protectors (not provided by Facility Services)
- Space heater not near anything combustible – must be plugged directly into outlet
- A cover place on a receptacle/switch that is loose or broken
- Any item within 18” of a sprinkler head
- A means of egress that is blocked or restricted
- A fire door that does not latch or close on its own (fire door has a label on the hinge side)
- A fire door propped open – they must be closed at all times
A schedule of buildings/dates of inspection will be posted through the Daily Post once we have it arranged with the NYS Fire Marshall. The Fire Marshall does have the right to change these dates at any time.
Thank you for your assistance and cooperation to reduce our violations and if you have any questions or concerns regarding the inspection please contact Facility Services at Ext. 8430.