Postage Meter Located in Copy Center of Depaul Hall
The postage meter is up and running in the copy center located in Depaul Hall – Room 15!
Postal Meter Procedure:
- Address and stuff, if applicable, all mail prior to bringing to the copy center. Envelopes do not need to be sealed but is recommended for sensitive information.
- Separate U.S. and foreign pieces (Any NU addressed mail that is going through the U.S. Postal Service and then being delivered back on campus to offices should be separated out as well)
- Bring mail pieces to the copy center.
- Make sure to have your account number for postage with the piece(s) to be metered
- Pieces will be metered according to size, specs, and postal regulations.
- Possible pieces to mail include, but are not limited to, postcards, various sized envelopes, certified mail, etc.
- Each department, office, or college will be charged at the beginning of each month for any postal fees from the previous month.
- Mail metering turnaround time could be up to 72 hours from dropping off at the copy center and depends on current copy center workload.
- Depending on copy center workload, you may have to come pick up your mail when metering is completed and take to the Post Office. You will be notified if this will be your responsibility. Otherwise, copy center staff will deliver to the Post Office upon completion of metering.
For questions, please contact Melissa Kirkpatrick – email@example.com.