Upcoming Canvas Training
Canvas Basics Parts 1, 2, and 3 will guide instructors through the most fundamental features and use of Canvas, whether the courses are online, hybrid, or face-to-face. Canvas Basics Part 1 will be held in VINI 107 during the week of Aug. 1-5.
- Monday, Aug. 1: 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 3: 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 4: 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 5: 10 to 11:30 a.m.
As seating is limited to 15 per session, please reserve you spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot make any of these times, you can always set up one-on-one Canvas training. Just email email@example.com to schedule sessions that are convenient for you.
For the full schedule, please visit http://www.niagara.edu/instructional-support-events/.
Canvas Basics Part 1 will cover:
- Navigating the Canvas interface
- Setting up the course Home Page
- Managing content migrated over from Blackboard
- Utilizing the Canvas Calendar and Syllabus
- Getting organized with Modules
- Course Settings
- Establishing scope and sequence using Modules
- Basic Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes set up
- Building content using the Rich Content Editor