UPDATES ON CAMPUS SERVICES
Niagara University continues to implement steps to mitigate any health risk to our campus community, and will continue to do so. Therefore, following the university’s emergency response protocols, as well as directives from NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo, elected officials in the United States and Canada, and guidance from leading health organizations, including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), please note the following campus updates:
Work from Home Initiative
Functional officers and deans have notified John Barker, Director of Campus Safety, of individuals who may be on campus to complete the university’s essential functions during the “work from home” initiative. If you have been identified as an individual who is working on an essential function for the campus, please be sure to have your university ID so that you can access your building.
During the university’s “work from home” initiative, a very limited number of individuals will be on campus to support essential university operations related to remote education; security, health and safety (including residence life); and property maintenance.
University Mail Service
Essential Mail – can be picked up and dropped off at ComDoc on Mondays between 1-3 p.m. At that time, any interoffice mail may also be dropped off.
Banking with M&T Bank will be done once a week on Thursday. Departments who need banking done on that day should coordinate with Juan Lopez in the Office of Campus Safety at 716.286.8111.
For individuals who receive paper paychecks, the checks will be mailed directly to your home. Employees who use direct deposit will see no change in the processing of paychecks.
Work Study Students
Due to the COVID-19 related disruption to the campus, during the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester, work-study students are not expected to work. The Department of Education has announced that students receiving Federal Work-Study may continue to be paid hourly federal work-study wages during the closure. Each work-study student will be paid for ten (10) hours per full week for the remainder of the semester, with four (4) hours for the shortened weeks of Easter break and semester end – assuming the recipient has not already met their work-study award. For questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 716.286.8686
UPDATING Campus Updates and Closures
- Alumni Chapel – No public masses will be held until further, as instructed by the Diocese of Buffalo. Alumni Chapel will remain open for personal prayer. If you are in need of spiritual support, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 286.8400 or Send Email.
- Castellani Art Museum – closed until April 19.
- Dwyer Ice Arena – closed until further notice.
- Gallagher Center – all retail operations are closed until further notice.
- Kiernan Center – closed until further notice.
- Our Lady of Angels Library – is now closed until April 14, 2020.
- Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons is open each day from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for takeout boxed meals.
- TReC – is now closed until further notice.